Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Proj 5 of 365: All Stacked Up


(04.13.09)

I have a confession to make. I am a self confessed bookworm since the day I started reading in pre-school. At first it started with stories like Pinocchio, the Happy Prince and other tales. Then it progressed to schoolbooks (the English ones with stories on them). And the age of Nancy Drew, Sweet Valley, Hardy Boys.Then classics and romance novels and inspirational books. Then the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter saga and everything else.

Because I've been busy with other things for the past years (or so I tell myself), I've put off reading off my to-dos, except for the random once in a blue moon reads (magazines do not count). For this year, I've rekindled that yearning for a night's curl up with a book and started to read at least two books a month. Before, caffeine was the ultimate fix for me so a visit to Starbucks was inevitable, but now it seems a book has replaced that addiction and a visit to the bookstore's always a need.

There are those kinds of books that you'd gladly put all-nighters because you can't take your hands off it, and there are those and you'd like to get over with, and there are those that you'd want to savor the moment and take your time to flip from a page to the other.

5 comments:

littleparis said...

yey! we can join the guys when they have their sessions na =)

~ t 3 e ~ said...

bitaw ye, they can play and we'll read. :D

Joe L said...

I'm a book reader myself but I'm not sure if I'm bookworm enough though.:)
Right now I have about 15 books to read. I don't know why but I'm a very slow reader (I've never finished reading one book overnight) so 15 books means a long long time from now. Still I love reading books.

~ t 3 e ~ said...

take it slow, jo. u'll get there. one book @ a time..

slaphappy said...

ditto sis... :D

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top in black, white and much, much more.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.