Friday, April 10, 2009

Proj 1 of 365: The Gypsy With the Brown Hair



(04.09.09)
Seeing Badjaos, also called as the sea gypsies
is a common sight in the pier and since today I'm coming home to
Bohol for the Holy Week, this sight isn't an exception.

Aboard their boats, Badjaos in all ages call for attention
to the riding public, hoping to scrape a few bills.


It's always
a humbling and moving experience
for me to see them, especially little kids and babies
having to literally wait and depend on the goodness of strangers
to survive.

The sight always leaves me thankful of the needs that I have
and humbled for the petty complaints for wants that I don't.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top in black, white and much, much more.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.