Monday, May 18, 2009

Proj 37 of 365: umbrella friends


(05.16.09)
it's a very out of the ordinary hot mid-summer day but i was determined to walk for blocks as i have to do this to do (that didn't sound right). james bore the heat with me, never once complaining until i admitted it, "we have to take out our umbrellas!" so we took my rarely used one and i got to carry it around the streets.

thing is, umbrellas and me don't seem to match. because of my unfulfilled childhood "majorette" dreams, i tend to swish the umbrella to and fro, making it dance, lost in my own world which looked like a drunk trying to balance a stick. not a bad thing if you're on your own but something you should definitely avoid if you have someone sharing the umbrella with you. james had it, his head had been hit back and again and offered to take the umbrella off my abusive hands but i was having so much fun treating the umbrella as my baton that i had to decline. admitting defeat, he took out his own to spare himself from the bruises :D

we had so much fun walking the streets like little kids who just discovered umbrellas, laughing and teasing each other. then i suddenly halted.
"why are you stopping?", he said.
"give me your umbrella i have to capture this moment.", i commanded.
"on the sidewalk pavement?", he asked in disbelief.
"yeah, no one's there anyway."

i took my shots, and hand on hand, umbrella against umbrella, we walked the path again.
thank God for supportive friends and boyfriends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top in black, white and much, much more.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.