Saturday, June 13, 2009

Proj 59 of 365: checkmate!

(06.12.09)
don't be too impressed yet, i am not a chess genius.
i know the pieces, their places, their names and moves.
but just the basics.

making winning strategies is another thing - give me checkers, i may have a chance.

i remember in 5th grade when i had to match with our batch's chess wizard and i was just a starter! the team rep was desperate and saw me as someone who can differentiate a pawn from a rook and signed me up for the job. i knew i was going to lose, but at least not via default. the game only lasted for 5 minutes, but out of desperation i even attempted the "three-move checkmate" which my opponent easily caught on and blocked!


the game finished too soon with my opponent not even breaking a sweat and i was just glad it was all over.

p.s. by the way, chess pieces aren't arranged in the board that way in the picture. i didn't notice the misplaced pieces until i was putting the set back to the shelf. my usual OC self had to put every piece to where it should belong as i smiled to myself.

at least i knew where each piece should be, someone else surely doesn't. :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top in black, white and much, much more.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.