Thursday, June 4, 2009

Proj 52 of 365: mario madness

(06.03.09)

tell me someone who doesn’t recognize mario. impossible, right? having grown up in the Mario boom, super Mario had been immortalized as a universal gaming icon.

i first met the guy when I was about 5, it happened at home with a Nintendo gaming console – the big box where you have to insert gaming cartridges. Super Mario was one of my favorite games. I sucked at it, of course, I never got to finish it, but I so enjoyed smashing bricks, collecting coins, jumping over enemies and on rare occasions, turning invincible after being bestowed the power of the stars.

then came Mario 2, where you can be mario, luigi, toadstool or princess. i always played as princess – she may run slower, jump lower and take her time moving but boy, was she a head-turner with her pink dress and that compensated for everything else.

i don’t know what happened of that old console box, but I somehow got reconnected to mario and princess through james’ handy ds which has been in my hands for ages.

during this reunion with mario, (with a bit of help from the cheats) i got to finish the game and save the princess, too. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top in black, white and much, much more.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.