Saturday, July 11, 2009

Proj 69 of 365 - come hither

07.04.09

in front of us, an array of uber delish desserts was in plain sight. to the one with the sweet tooth, it was beckoning to be tasted, relished and savored.

but i was too busy clanking with my laptop to notice and take notice of the delightful temptation in front of me.

out of theblue, he thought out loud, “i want to eat a cake.”

surprised, since he was never the one to crave for something sweet, my attention now shifted to the enticing thought at hand. “what’s it gonna be?”

“i can’t make up my mind”
, he replied. as an afterthought, “i know you love blueberry cheesecake and cheesecakes in general, but you know i’m not a fan.”

bummer.


but i can always compromise, after all, a chocoholic can almost never run out of cake options.

i looked at the display, inspecting each cake and imagining what each would taste like.

chocolate
-oooh, so decadent and sinfully sweet.

blueberry cheesecake
- stop looking longingly at it, commanded myself to myself.

triple chocolate
- triple the chocolatey fun!

mocha
- of soft-melts-in-your-mouth chiffon with a hint of tangy coffee.

i offered him my top choices, omitting the cheesecake of course.

he battled with his mind for a bit, but was unable to come up with anything. to add to the dilemma, he piped in, “oreos and cream cheesecake maybe interesting, but i dunno, it’s still cheesecake.”

but if I can’t have my blueberry cheesecake, no one can have cheesecake. (evil laugh). “no cheesecake.”, i smiled.

“triple chocolate maybe too much”
, he countered. mentally, i scrapped chocolate heaven off the list. now we have two options. two life changing options.

“either would be fine, I guess. your call.”
, he supposed.

not wanting to make the decision myself mainly because i can’t decide, I opposed, “nah, i dunno too. you choose, you wanted to eat cake in the first place.”

on and on the thought of mocha versus chocolate was running in my head - but it was just so hard. because if i would’ve made up my mind, i would’ve declared whether i was much of a caffeine-addict than a chocolate-freak, or vice versa.

in the end, we just finished our coffee and pushed the temptation off our heads.

3 comments:

Markie said...

shet kalami! makababoy!!!

slaphappy said...

malingaw jud ko nimo mu-blog sis oi... entertaining... :D

~ t 3 e ~ said...

@marky - as in! time to stop the carbs and desserts. i'm really suffering of it na! hehe

@dee - thanks sis!

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top in black, white and much, much more.... Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.